On Friday, we met Carters in Amish country and visited Rolling Ridge Ranch. We had a great time feeding and petting domestic and exotic animals. We rode on a horse drawn wagon through wooded areas and open pasture. We saw ostriches, water buffalo, zebras, elk, scimitar horned oryx, donkeys, long horned cattle, monkeys, and more. Clara caught on quickly and soon made sure she always had a feed bucket ready when the animals approached. Ellie had fun peaking under her seat at the animals, petting the ones that came close enough, and holding her bucket over the side of the wagon while saying "horsey, c'mere". I never thought I'd be this close to some of these animals. I actually felt the velvet on the antlers of an elk, petted bison, llamas, had an ostrich eating out of the bucket I was holding. Here are some pics of the visit.

Clara was very serious about holding this duckling.

Ellie with duckling
Rog and Spencer made friends.

We discovered ostriches were very messy eaters.
4 comments:
What Fun! I'm so glad you've started this blog. It'll be so nice to be able to see the pics and see what you guys are up to. Rolling Ridge Ranch sounds like a great place to visit. How far are you from there?
It took us around 3 hours to get there. Traveling through Amish country is slow, but very beautiful.Come visit and I'll take you there--you'd like it:).
I loved seeing the photos of your girls! My whole family will be in PA this month for a few reunions, and we'll be in PA Amish country some of the time, which I always look forward to.
Hi Lori,
I'm so glad to hear from you! Where will you be in PA? I'd love to see you when you are out this direction if we could ever work it out. I hope you have a wonderful time!
Post a Comment